Tomatoless Spaghetti SauceFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 5 red peppers, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped shopping list
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled but left whole shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp. thyme shopping list
- salt + pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place peppers, onion and garlic cloves into a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss well.
- Put in oven and roast for about 45 minutes.
- Pour vegetables, all the black bits and the juices into a saucepan.
- Add water and seasonings and puree with an immersion blender (alternately transfer everything to a blender and puree smooth).
- Heat as for regular sauce.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating3 people
something differentcholena in Food World loved it
That sounds good! My husband doesn't like tomato-based sauce on his pasta unless it is lasagna. I'll definatley try this out!gardenladyzoe in Snyder loved it
Sounds SUPER..many thanks..at times tomatoes
do not agree with me. I have Crohn's disease!lanacountry in Macon loved it
Health Food Junkies422 members
On A Budget555 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients221 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group170 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables383 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods765 members
Gluten Free No Wheat238 members