Five-spice Turkey N Lettuce WrapsFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup instant brown rice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil shopping list
- 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced shopping list
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (see Note) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder (see Note) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, leaves separated shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as cilantro, basil, mint and/or chives shopping list
- 1 large carrot, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add rice; reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and ginger; cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in the cooked rice, bell pepper, water chestnuts, broth, hoisin sauce, five-spice powder and salt; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- To serve, spoon portions of the turkey mixture into lettuce leaves, top with herbs and carrot and roll into wraps.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
Better than PF Changs, I can tell. Great job.
Thank you. Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
These look amazing! Thanksruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
Thanks! Sounds like one I will enjoy.grandmommy in Nashville loved it