Churchs Honey BiscuitsFrom cheric 9 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 4 tsps baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsps sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1 tsp cream of tarter shopping list
- 2/3 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 stick of butter (melt in small pan and set aside.) shopping list
- 1/3 cup honey shopping list
How to make it
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cream of tarter in a mixing bowl. Work in shortening until the mixture feels like cornmeal.
- Pour milk into flour and mix well. Knead about 12-15 times. Break dough into about 1/4 to 1/3 cup size balls. Roll dough into balls and pat to 1/2 inch thickness. Brush with melted butter and place on a baking sheet.
- Place biscuits into a 450 degree preheated oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- While biscuits are in oven, pour the honey into the remainder of the butter and bring to a boil.
- Remove honey butter from heat and set aside. When biscuits are done remove from oven and immediately brush with honey butter.
- Serve with your favorite fried chicken dinner or they are really wonderful for breakfast.
The Cookcheric Oklahoma City, OK
The Rating3 people
I love their biscuits, what a great post...a 5 from me.hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
These sound soooooo good. Nice Post.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
It's a good biscuit but I don't agree with the forming method.
See Churchs Honey Biscuits# for more mutteringspointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!