Churchs Honey BiscuitsFrom cheric 8 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 4 tsps baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsps sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1 tsp cream of tarter shopping list
- 2/3 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 stick of butter (melt in small pan and set aside.) shopping list
- 1/3 cup honey shopping list
How to make it
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cream of tarter in a mixing bowl. Work in shortening until the mixture feels like cornmeal.
- Pour milk into flour and mix well. Knead about 12-15 times. Break dough into about 1/4 to 1/3 cup size balls. Roll dough into balls and pat to 1/2 inch thickness. Brush with melted butter and place on a baking sheet.
- Place biscuits into a 450 degree preheated oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- While biscuits are in oven, pour the honey into the remainder of the butter and bring to a boil.
- Remove honey butter from heat and set aside. When biscuits are done remove from oven and immediately brush with honey butter.
- Serve with your favorite fried chicken dinner or they are really wonderful for breakfast.
The Cookcheric Oklahoma City, OK
The Rating3 people
These sound soooooo good. Nice Post.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
I love their biscuits, what a great post...a 5 from me.hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
It's a good biscuit but I don't agree with the forming method.
See Churchs Honey Biscuits# for more mutteringspointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!