Nutmeg Chiffon CakeFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups of sifted cake flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp of FRESH ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp of salt shopping list
- 2 cups of dark brown sugar (packed) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of canola oil (mom used Mazola vegetable oil) shopping list
- 5 eggs separated shopping list
- 3/4 cup of cold water shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar shopping list
How to make it
- Sift first four ingredients into a bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, oil, egg yolks and water, beat until smooth.
- Add to dry ingredients, stir until smooth.
- Beat all seven egg whites with the cream of tartar until stiff.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake in a moderately slow oven (325 degrees) for 55 minutes.
- Invert tube pan to cool completely before attempting to remove this tender cake.
- The fresh ground nutmeg is a must. Canned won't cut it.