A Beginners CakeFrom decobabe 7 years ago
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/3 cup cold butter shopping list
- 14 plum halves or a similar amount of other fruit shopping list
- 1/2 cup fruit juice or milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425°F or 220°C
- Butter very well the bottom and sides of an 8" (20 cm) cake pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients togetherT
- Then cut the cold butter in either with two table knives, a pastry cutter or with a food processor.
- Mix the egg with the juice or milk with a fork quite well.
- Put the egg/liquid mix on the dry ingredients and with a fork just mix them together until the dry is all dampened. There may be lumps left and that's OK
- Scrape the batter into the buttered pan.
- Arrange the fruit (plums in the photo) on the batter, skin side up.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the cake tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- This is especially nice warm with vanilla ice cream or gelato, and quite sophisticated served with a ripe Brie or Camembert cheese.
The Cookdecobabe Citta Di Castello, IT
- Not added to any groups yet!