Cocoa and Chocolate SubstitutionsFrom divaliscious 9 years ago
How to make it
- COCOA AND CHOCOLATE SUBSTITUTIONS
- Source: Land O Lakes
- Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet:
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped, can be substituted for 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips. When substituting for chocolate chips, make sure to use the same type of chocolate (i.e. semi-sweet, milk).
- Chocolate, Semi-Sweet:
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips OR 1 square (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate plus 1 tablespoon sugar can be substituted for 1 square (1-ounce) semi-sweet chocolate. 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder plus 7 tablespoons sugar plus 1/4 cup fat can be substituted for 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate. Bittersweet chocolate can be substituted for semisweet chocolate. There could be a slight difference in texture and flavor.
- Chocolate, Sweet Baking (German's):
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder plus 1/3 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons fat can be substituted for 4 ounces German's sweet baking chocolate.
- Chocolate, Unsweetened:
- 1 2/3 ounce semisweet chocolate (reduce sugar in recipe by 2 teaspoons) OR 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa plus 1 tablespoon butter, margarine or shortening can be used instead of 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate.
- Cocoa, Unsweetened:
- Dutch-processed cocoa may be substituted for unsweetened cocoa.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating7 people
Now this is cool Diva. Since I don't bake much I never have the right kind of chocolate for a recipe. Thank you!jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
This will come in handy, Thanks!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I lost my list, thank you for posting this one!! Great post! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it