Filet Mignon with BlackberriesFrom bluewaterandsand 5 years ago
- 4 (6-ounce) filet mignon steaks shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (recommended: Cabernet Sauvignon) shopping list
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth shopping list
- 3 tablespoons blackberry preserves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- Compound butter, for garnish, recipe follows shopping list
- blackberries, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Pat the steaks dry with paper towels and season generously with salt
- and pepper. In a heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until
- almost smoking. Sear the steaks in the hot oil for 3 minutes per side for
- medium-rare. Transfer the steaks to a serving plate, tent with foil, and let
- Using the same skillet, saute the shallots for 1 minute. Add the red
- wine, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Let wine boil
- until reduced by half. Add broth and blackberry preserves, return to a boil
- and reduce by half. (The sauce should coat the back of a spoon.) Whisk in
- the 2 tablespoons butter. Season sauce with additional salt and pepper, to
- To serve, drizzle the sauce over the steaks. Place a pat of compound
- butter and scatter a few blackberries on the plate.
- Compound Butter:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries
- In a bowl, combine butter and blackberries and mix well.
- Place on plastic wrap to mold into a log shape. Wrap and refrigerate
- until ready to serve.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!