lentil soup with andouille sausageFrom vino4dino 6 years ago
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups beef stock or canned broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dried lentils shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 6 ounces andouille sausage, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Combine both stocks and lentils in large pot over high heat. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat medium skillet over medium heat. Add fennel; sauté until seeds are light golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove seeds from skillet.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add celery, carrot and onion; sauté until onion is translucent and celery and carrot are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add toasted fennel seeds, sautéed vegetables, sausage, thyme and Creole seasoning to soup. Cover and simmer until lentils are very tender, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm over medium heat, stirring occasionally.)
The Cookvino4dino Baltimore, MD
The Rating4 people
How wonderul and I'm all over anything with andouille. I love it! Thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it
You know you got me with the Andouille hon.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!