BBQd Bacon-Wrapped ChickenFrom nlo209 6 years ago
How to make it
- Combine cream cheese and onions.
- Butterfly chicken breasts from the thinnest edge towards the thickest (thick edge will be the middle when it is opened). Working one piece at a time, open breast on a piece of plastic wrap. Cover with a second piece of plastic wrap and pound to 1/4" thickness with a mallet or rolling pin.
- Spread an equal amount of cream cheese mixture evenly over the 8 breasts. Roll up the chicken from the narrow end enclosing the cheese completely.
- Wrap 1 strip of bacon, end to end around chicken, stretching it slightly.
- Add a second piece of bacon, wrapped to cover any exposed chicken, if necessary, continue wrapping with bacon until most of the chicken is covered.
- Secure with toothpicks. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Cover grill with sheet of aluminum foil to help prevent flare-ups. Preheat to high. Place chicken on the foil. Reduce heat to medium and close lid. Turn chicken every 5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
The Rating4 people
Oh dear. My husband is going to want me to make this every night. Thank-you... I think! J/K it looks great!hollymayb in Baltimore loved it
this sounds great. You have my 5debwin in Toronto loved it
Love this. On the menu for next week!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!