Garlic ShrimpFrom elle 9 years ago
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- pinch of red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/3 cup white wine (you know the rule, use wine you'd actually drink!) shopping list
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined shopping list
- coarse salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- chopped parsley to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- This dish is all in the timing.
- Get everything ready to go ahead of time and that way, you can add it to the pan without having to run around the kitchen.
- Otherwise, you'll end up with rubbery overcooked shrimp, instead of the tender little morsels they are.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, and add the garlic.
- Cook slowly for a minute or two to flavor the oil with garlic, but be careful not to burn it.
- Add the red pepper flakes and increase the heat to medium high.
- Add the wine and let this go for about a minute, then add the shrimp.
- Season with salt.
- Cook until the shrimp is almost done (this will only take a couple of minutes.)
- Add the lemon juice and butter to finish the sauce.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley.
The Cookelle NH
The Rating10 people
I use a very similar recipe for chicken called "chicken scampi." I'm sure your recipe is delicious :)suzalleogram in Easthampton loved it
This looks wonderful. Thank you!frankieanne in Somewhere loved it
so easy and so wonderful! I have some shrimp in the freezer, on the menu for Sunday night!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!