Rich Sour Cream CookiesFrom oregongrandma 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. almond extract shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. slat shopping list
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- cranberries, maraschino cherries or jam, to top the cookies (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar on medium until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, baking soda, almond extract, cinnamon and salt. With the mixer on low, add this to the butter mixture and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula as needed.
- Increase mixer speed to medium. One cup at a time, add the flour and beat until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for another minute.
- Use a large spoon to drop balls of dough (about 2 Tbs. each) on the prepared baking sheets. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart. If desired, press a cranberry, maraschino cherry or dollop of jam into the center of each. (or sprinkle with a colored sugar)
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, or until the edges just begin to brown. Let the cookies cool in the pan for several minutes, then use a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool. Let the baking sheets cool completely before baking additional batches.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookoregongrandma OR
The Rating5 people
These sound very good, I like your idea of just the sprinkling of sugar on top! Thanks.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
OH YEAH, this is a fabulous recipe! Yummmmmy! Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Great Post, you've got my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!