Roadside Diner MeatloafFrom chefjeb 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup oatmeal shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic, minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 3/4 cup celery, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/3 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- Sauce shopping list
- 1 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2 Tbs worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 can (10.5 oz) tomato sauce or puree shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients. Mix gently until all ingredients are combined. Overworked meat will become tough. Form into a loaf and bake at 350 for about one hour or until 165 degrees. About 5 minutes before removing from oven cover with sauce. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing to serve. Reserve additional sauce to use as gravy with mashed potatoes. NOTE: Veggies can be lightly sauteed, if desired.
- Sauce: Combine all ingredients and bring to heat. Let flavors marry. Do not cook for more than 5 minutes.
- If you are cooking for yourself or a couple of people, or pressed for time, consider cooking these in muffin pans. Individual servings for everyone and cooking time is greatly reduced. Leftovers can be frozen, or just halve the recipe.
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating17 people
I tried this and it is fantastic. This is a keeper recipe. Thanks Chefjebchefkimmie in Jackson loved it
This was the best meatloaf we have tried! Neither tough nor dry, and the sauce was not dried out to nothing in the oven. Thanks!sweetwords in Raleigh loved it
Hum......I don't see a cooking temp. I have this already mixed up and ready for the oven so I am going to guess 350'. Hope I am right because it sounds so good!!
Thanks for the post!!!mkm114 in Springdale loved it