Asparagus With Hollandaise SauceFrom dottiet 7 years ago
- 1 lb trimmed fresh asparagus shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- dash cayenne pepper or hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons hot water shopping list
- finely chopped fresh parsley, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Steam asparagus until tender crisp.
- Set aside and keep warm but not overcooked.
- Make Hollandaise Sauce.
- Heat butter in a heavy saucepan until hot and foamy, but not browned.
- In a small bowl, whisk or beat egg yolks with lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper or hot sauce.
- Gradually beat in butter, then water.
- Return mixture to saucepan and beat over very low heat until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Serve immediately or let stand over warm water for up to 30 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving over your steamed asparagus..
- Makes about 2/3 cup of hollandaise sauce.
The Cookdottiet Woodward, OK
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!