Gorgonzola Cream SauceFrom angie 7 years ago
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk - hot (for richer taste use heavy cream) shopping list
- 1 wedge of gorgonzola cheese (Italian Bleu cheese) crumbled, about 6 oz. shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 lb. whole wheat penne, cooked as designated on package shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan melt butter and stir in flour (roux)
- Cook the roux over low heat, stirring for 3 minutes - do not brown.
- Add hot milk.
- Keep stirring while sauce starts to thicken
- Blend in crumbled cheese until it has melted.
- Add pepper to taste
- Toss the pasta with the sauce
- Other suggestions: Top pasta with roughly chopped roasted walnuts
The Cookangie Allentown, PA
The Rating5 people
Angie, I'm lactose intolerant, but I can eat cheeses if I take a pill first. However the milk or cream in this recipe makes it a no-no for me, as much as I adore Gorgonzola! Do you suppose I could substitute plain yogurt for the cream? I have no prob...moredeliathecrone in Johnston loved it
This was fantastic, and sooo easy!!
This will, no doubt, be put into rotation.
Thank you!anitzy in columbus loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!