Moms Apple Pie BarsFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 c. shortening shopping list
- 1 egg, separated, yolk beaten with enough milk to equal 2/3c. (Reserve the egg white.) shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 c. crushed corn flake cereal shopping list
- 8 c. peeled, cored, sliced tart cooking apples - Granny Smith shopping list
- 1 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1 reserved egg white shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 c. powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl combine flour and salt.
- Cut in the shortening until crumbly.
- With a fork, stir in egg yolk and milk until the mixture leaves the sides of bowl and forms a ball.
- Divide in half.
- On lightly floured surface roll half of dough into 15" x 10" rectangle; place on bottom of ungreased 15" x 10" x 1" jelly roll pan.
- Sprinkle crust with cereal.
- Layer apples over cereal.
- In a small bowl, combine 1c. sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Roll remaining half of dough into 16" x 11" rectangle.
- Place over apples.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white with fork until foamy.
- Brush over the top crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 Tbsp. sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Sprinkle over the crust.
- Bake for 45 to 60 min. or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, stir together all glaze ingredients.
- Drizzle over the warm dessert.
- Cut into bars.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating2 people
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Comfort Foods773 members
Moms Best Recipes10 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Coffee Talk123 members
Home Cooking58 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
TRAILER PARK BRAWLERS49 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Cookie SwapARama67 members