Best Avocado SaladFrom notyourmomma 5 years ago
- 2 avocados shopping list
- 8 slices of bacon fried crisp shopping list
- homemade French dressing made with: shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup of vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup catsup shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp of paprika shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic shopping list
- 1/2 medium sized onion shopping list
- 1 cup of salad oil shopping list
How to make it
- Don't think you can substitute any old French dressing. There is a world of difference in French dressings and somehow, this one is absolutely perfect with the avocado.
- Plae everything except oil in your electric blender.
- If you don't have one, you'd better forget the whole thing.
- I do not think you could blend everything together without it.
- Let blend a minute or two until smooth and creamy, then very slowly add one cup of salad oil.
- Keep blending an additional or two until very thoroughly mixed.
- Cut each avocado in half, remove the meat and save the shells.
- Cut meat in cubes and place in mixing bowl.
- Pour a generous amount of dressing over the avocado cubes.
- Let stand for several hours.
- Then pile avocado cubes back into shells, top with generous amounts of crumbled crisp fried bacon.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating6 people
this sounds like another nice way to serve avocados... and a recipe for a nice french dressing to boot.!!!peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Oh my, I remember the Hat and glove era. I was little but my grandparents( who raised me) bought me white gloves and hat with a little pink bow. Thank you so much for bringing that memory back to me. The recipe sounds superb!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I remember hats and gloves also. When you could tell men and women apart. I was very young but I still remember how nice they looked. Oh, and great recipe.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it