Mattar Paneer TofuFrom maiko 7 years ago
- 100-150g firm tofu (or Paneer/feta cheese) shopping list
- Some oil, for frying shopping list
- 3/4 cup peas shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced Tomatoes, with juice (i used canned) shopping list
- 1/2 onion shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic paste (or Minced Garlic) shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp ginger paste (or minced ginger) shopping list
- 1 tsp coriander powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 tsp turmeric shopping list
- Dash (about 1/8 tsp) of cayenne or Chilli Powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste - optional (if u like it thick) OR 1/4 cup water (if u like it runny) shopping list
How to make it
- In a pan, heat oil and saute tofu til sides become brown. (This helps the tofu keep its shape later on).
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Heat oil into small saucepan/pot, and add in onions, garlic and ginger pastes. Saute til onions become translusent.
- Then, add coriander, cumin, salt, turmeric and chilli powders. Stir til fragrant and disolved.
- Now, add diced tomatoes and let it simmer for 2-3 mins. Stirring once or twice during the process.
- Next, add in the peas, tofu and tomato paste. Stir til well coated.
- Let it simmer until it bubbles, and stir again.
- Remove from fire and serve immediately.