Catfish A La MeuniereFrom txbackyardcook 6 years ago
- (6-ounce) catfish fillets shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Essence( cajun seasoning works also) shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 stick, cubed, softened unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Season the catfish fillets with the salt and Essence. Lightly dredge the seasoned catfish in the flour, shaking off any excess. Set a 10-inch saute pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil to the pan. Once the oil is hot, place the fish fillets in the pan, 2 at a time and cook for 3 minutes per side. Place the cooked fillets on an oven-proof platter and place in the oven while you cook the remaining fillets.
- Once the fish is cooked, return the skillet to the stovetop and set on medium heat. Add the butter to the pan and once melted, add the shallots and pecans. As the shallots cook, the nuts start to brown, and the butter stops foaming-about 30 seconds, add the white wine, lemon juice and parsley to the pan. Continue to cook for 15 to 20 seconds. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Remove the fish from the oven and pour the sauce over top the fish. Serve immediately.
The Cooktxbackyardcook FORT WORTH, TX
The Rating6 people
Lots of catfish around here, we have our own lake. Great post!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I love this sauce over the cat fish.
That Cajun spice is wonderful too.trigger in loved it
Sounds yummy. My family and I love catfish too. Thanks.merlin in San Francisco loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!