Waterchestnut And Rice CasseroleFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1/4 pound noodles, fine, uncooked shopping list
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked shopping list
- 1/2 package onion soup mix shopping list
- 20 ounces chicken broth, gluten free shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari soy sauce, gluten free shopping list
- 8 1/2 ounces waterchestnuts, canned, 1 can, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in large skillet over low heat. Add noodles and cook unti golden, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Combine rice, onion soup mix, broth and soy sauce in skillet with noodlesl. Drain water chestnuts (reserve liquid) and add to rice mixture. Measure liquid adding enough water to equal 1/2 cup. Stir into rice. Turn into 2-quart baking dish. Cover and bake until rice is tender and liquid is abosrbed, about 45 minutes.
- Doubles nicely for company.
- NOTE: If you can find the gluten-free fine noodles, this makes a very nice gf dish. And the Lemon Chicken is gf, too.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating4 people
I love water chestnuts as well. This one has to be good. Yumola. Thanks for the post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Me too! I love water chestnuts and even add them to my holiday stuffing recipes. Your recipe would go great with so many dishes. Thank you for sharing it!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
I agree it will be great with the lemon chicken!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it