Greek Lemon and Rice SoupFrom chihuahua 8 years ago
How to make it
- Juice lemons.
- Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan ove medium-heat.
- Add green onions. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until green onions are tender.
- Stir in chicken broth and rice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to low; simmer, covered, 20 to 25 minutes until rice is tender.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk until well beaten.
- Add lemon juice and 1/2 cup broth mixture to bowl.
- Gradually return lemon juice mixture to broth mixture in saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat 2 to 3 minutes until broth mixture thickens enough to lightly coat spoon. Do not boil.
- Stir in pepper, if desired.
- Garnish with fresh mint and lemon peel, if desired.