Romaine and Turkey Salad with Creamy Avacado DressingFrom hayleesgrandma 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, peeled shopping list
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, seeded and coarsely mashed shopping list
- 8 (1/2-ounce) slices diagonally cut French bread (about 1/2 inch thick) shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 4 cups bagged chopped romaine lettuce shopping list
- 2 cups diced roasted turkey breast (about 8 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth, scraping sides. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese on each bread slice. Broil bread slices 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle buttermilk mixture over lettuce mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve with cheese toasts.