Chicken CroquettesFrom poohbearlovesheavymetal 5 years ago
- 3-4 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut small shopping list
- 1 1/2-2 cups of bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. onion shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. each of your favorite herbs like thyme, sage, or tarragon shopping list
- 1 tbls. parsley shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayo shopping list
- milk as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Remove chicken from bones and shred or cut in small pieces.
- Mix in bread crumbs. I make my own. Just toast stale bread in a low oven until crisp through. Cool completely. Place in a paper or plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Storage in plastic bag in freezer until needed. If you don't have bread crumbs just tear up fresh bread in small pieces.
- Add herbs and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Add beaten eggs and mayo. Mix thoroughly.
- Mixture should hold together easily when squeezed. If not add a little milk until it does.
- Roll into balls then press into patties.
- Fry in about of 1/2 inch of your favorite oil. I save bacon grease for this because it adds so much flavor.
- Serve with gravy, mash potatoes, and your favorite vegetables.
The Cookpoohbearlovesheavymetal Millville, CA
The Rating2 people
mm.mm. mm yeah good! Im thinking about these with a little surprise of a creamy melted cheese in the center - great post and thanks for sharing with us your grandmas best!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!