Chicken CroquettesFrom poohbearlovesheavymetal 7 years ago
- 3-4 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut small shopping list
- 1 1/2-2 cups of bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. onion shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. each of your favorite herbs like thyme, sage, or tarragon shopping list
- 1 tbls. parsley shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayo shopping list
- milk as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Remove chicken from bones and shred or cut in small pieces.
- Mix in bread crumbs. I make my own. Just toast stale bread in a low oven until crisp through. Cool completely. Place in a paper or plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Storage in plastic bag in freezer until needed. If you don't have bread crumbs just tear up fresh bread in small pieces.
- Add herbs and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Add beaten eggs and mayo. Mix thoroughly.
- Mixture should hold together easily when squeezed. If not add a little milk until it does.
- Roll into balls then press into patties.
- Fry in about of 1/2 inch of your favorite oil. I save bacon grease for this because it adds so much flavor.
- Serve with gravy, mash potatoes, and your favorite vegetables.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookpoohbearlovesheavymetal Millville, CA
The Rating2 people
mm.mm. mm yeah good! Im thinking about these with a little surprise of a creamy melted cheese in the center - great post and thanks for sharing with us your grandmas best!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!