Best Pizza DoughFrom unswissmiss 10 years ago
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together 2 1/4 C flour and salt.
- Add yeast mixture and stir until smooth. Let the dough rest 10 minutes.
- Knead the dough with floured hands until the dough becomes elastic and smooth, approximately 10 minutes. If the dough is too sticky to work, gradually work in flour until it is no longer tacky. It will be softer than most pizza doughs, so resist the urge to add too much flour.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls. (Each will make a 10 inch pizza.)
- Coat each ball with a bit of olive oil, place each into its own medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, approximately 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Roll out, and use in your favorite pizza dish.
The Cookunswissmiss Basel, CH
The Rating18 people
Good for you! A true, clean recipe for pizza dough.
Mine is similar, but I put it in a Ziplock bag, throw it in the fridge and let it rise at least 12 hours. Make it in the AM for that night, or make it one night and eat it the next. It dev...moredecobabe in Citta Di Castello loved it
This looks great. Thanks for posting it. I can't wait to try it.
Barbbarb101 in Van Nuys (Los Angeles) loved it
This dough is the best one I've tried. You really can't mess this one up!
Aafricky, the thing with the butter on the crust was brilliant!mrsball515 in Wolverhampton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!