Skillet Style LasagnaFrom thepiggs 5 years ago
- 6 dried lasagna noodles, broken into 2–3-inch pieces shopping list
- 12 oz. bulk Italian sausage shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely shredded (about 11/2 cups) shopping list
- 1 24–26-oz. jar mushroom pasta sauce or marinara sauce shopping list
- 1 cup light ricotta cheese (about 1/2 of a 15-oz. carton) shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 oz.) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan or romano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain thoroughly. In a 10-inch skillet cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, stirring to break up sausage as it cooks. Add zucchini; cook and stir for 1 minute. Drain off fat. Remove meat mixture from skillet. In the same skillet arrange about half of the lasagna-noodle pieces. Cover with about half of the pasta sauce. Spoon cooked meat mixture over sauce. Spoon ricotta in mounds atop meat mixture and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Arrange remaining lasagna-noodle pieces atop cheese. Top with remaining pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cook, covered, over medium heat about 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Remove skillet from heat. Let stand, uncovered, for 5 minutes before serving.
- Add more flavor by including garlic and Italian seasonings, if you enjoy lots of flavor.
- Per serving: 442 cal., 25 g fat (10 g sat. fat), 62 mg chol., 961 mg sodium, 32 g carbo., 3 g fiber, 21 g pro.