White Butter CakeFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 4 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 5 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup butter softened shopping list
How to make it
- Grease bottom and sides of rectangular cake pan.
- Line bottom with parchment or waxed paper then set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, 1/3 cup milk and vanilla then set aside.
- In separate large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, orange rind and salt.
- Beat in butter and remaining milk at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Beat in egg mixture in 3 additions beating well and scraping down side of bowl between additions.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan smoothing top.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes then allow to cook on rack for 20 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of cake then invert onto baking sheet and peel off parchment paper.
- Reinvent cake onto rack then let cool completely.
People Who Like This Dish 20
- KCCOLLIER Nowhere, Us
- ErinB Nowhere, Us
- southernlady Nowhere, Us
- LilMissMtlhead Nowhere, Us
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- silverqueen Albany, GA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- wylde_ivy Schuylkill Haven, PA
- kendi25 Baton Rouge, LA
- Plus 10 othersFrom around the world!