Thick And Chewy Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom girlieerin 6 years ago
- Thick and Chewy chocolate chip cookies (Originally published in the Got milk? Cookie Book by Peggy Cullen) shopping list
- Makes 15 large cookies shopping list
- 2 ounces (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 6 tablespoons white sugar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chunks or chips shopping list
- 1 cup nuts (Note: optional. I never add nuts, but it’s totally personal preference). shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla until well combined. Beat in the egg. Scrape down the bowl using a rubber spatula and beat for a few more seconds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix on low speed just until absorbed. Combine the chocolate chunks and nuts into a small bowl and stir into the dough.
- Shape the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and drop them about 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets (Note: I use a silpat. I don’t have a lot of faith in leaving my baked goods ability to be removed from a pan up to chance). For perfectly uniform cookies, scoop the dough using a 1 1/2 inch diameter ice-cream scoop, leveling the dough off across the top before dropping onto the baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden. Let sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely (Note: I never bake my batches for more than 12 minutes. If you over bake the cookies they obviously wont be chewy).
- Read more about this recipe at my food blog ErinCooks.com