Wheat Free Applesauce Cake from the 50sFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 cups ground oats shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 medium eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup applesauce sweetened shopping list
- 1 cup raisins optional shopping list
How to make it
- Grind oats by running through a blender or food processor.
- Combine ground oats, sugar, salt, soda and spices in mixing bowl.
- Add shortening, eggs and vanilla then beat until smooth.
- Stir in applesauce and raisins then pour batter into greased square baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 40 minutes then cool completely.
- Cover pan and store one day before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- crabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- quimzy Wellington, NZ
- stellabg Nicotera, Italy
- maggiehc Detroit, MI
- debra803r10 Portsmouth, OH
- inmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
- mao65 Griffith, IN
- zanna MOUNT CLEMENS, MI
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
thank you for this recipe... It's wonderful to have Gluten Free recipes... would you mind if I added it to the 101 Gluten Free group??peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
This is great! My daughter-in -law is on a gluten free diet. I think she eats eggs. Thanks for the recipe.mao65 in Griffith loved it
Thanks for the gf recipe,hon. The best thing about it is that it sounds absolutely delish. I have everything to make it - even certified gf oats. Making this one tonight!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!