Fried Dill PicklesFrom chefjeb 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup dill pickle slices per person shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- cornmeal and flour mixed 1/2 and 1/2 shopping list
- icewater marinade shopping list
- 1 or 2 qts ice water shopping list
- granulated garlic to taste shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- couple of dashes of louisiana hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Mix ice water marinade by mixing garlic, salt, pepper, hot sauce in ice water.
- marinate pickle slices for several minutes
- roll in cornmeal and flour mix
- drop in hot frying oil until golden
- Drain on paper towels or brown grocery bag
- Immediately sprinkle lightly with course salt
- Smack yo' lips, baby.
- Note: This frying method can be used for a number of veggies and even fish, shrimp or oysters. Fish and Shrimp can be marinated up to one hour.
People Who Like This Dish 58
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating8 people
There is a little town up above Little Rock that used to sell these in a local eatery...Used to stop and get them all the time....These are wonderful.....Thanks..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
These are SO GOOD !!!! I went to a restaurant recently (I live in NC) that had them as spears but they weren't as good as having them as chips in Louisiana at a Cock of the Walk restaurant! My mom don't even LIKE pickles but she loves these.dixiejet in Downsville loved it
Absolutely love these, my daddy craves them. I just can't figure out how to take them to the Nursing facility and not have mushy pickles and get in trouble with the wonderful nurses who care for him.....hmmm, share, maybe?notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it