Chicken Summertime SaladFrom lor 6 years ago
- 4 cups chicken, cooled, chopped or pulled with forks shopping list
- *I prefer to use chicken breast and thigh meat for this recipe shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, peeled and chopped / sliced on an angle shopping list
- 3/4 - 1 green, yellow or red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 12 green grapes, seedless and halved shopping list
- 1 apple, chopped into small chunks or slices shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise, whichever brand you prefer shopping list
- I like to give a good squeeze of a creamy salad dressing such as cucumber or Ranch. shopping list
- I also like to thin the dressing with either a little dill pickle juice or freshly squeezed lemon juice. shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans coarsely chopped or toasted slivered almonds shopping list
- *** I sometimes like to add a handful of coloured marshmallows. shopping list
How to make it
- Either use leftovers from a chicken you have cooked or as I do, purchase a fully cooked rotisserie chicken. We never seem to have any leftover chicken and I find it easier to purchase a chicken already cooked.
- I either chop the chicken into chunky pieces or pull the chicken with 2 forks.
- Make certain that you wash all veggies and fruits before cutting.
- Combine chicken, apple, celery, bell pepper and grapes together and add the dressing to coat all of the ingredients.
- This salad must be refrigerated before serving.
- I prefer to add the nuts before I serve the salad so they do not soften.
- PLEASE remember to toss out any leftover salad with mayonnaise / salad dressing! DO NOT PUT IT BACK IN THE REFRIGERATOR!
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
Sounds yummy! Don't know what's with me but lately anything chicken sounds like manna to me lol Great one, thanks for sharing!danadooley in Singapore loved it
This recipe sounds fresh and delicious! I thank you for sharing it as I haven't thought about making a chicken salad lately! I think I'll make this recipe for lunch! Its a good one!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Oh yeah! I like it!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it