Cinnamon Bun CakeFrom angelgirl94 7 years ago
- Crunchy brown sugar Layer: shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 box yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- cinnamon Swirls: shopping list
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 8oz package cream cheese-softened shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter-softened shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1 16oz box powdered sugar-sifted shopping list
How to make it
- Crunchy Brown sugar Layer:
- Cream together ingredients.
- Spread evenly into the centers of two greased 9" cake pans. Do not spread to edges.
- In a large mixing bowl sift cake mix and combine with other ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Set aside 1 cup of batter and spread remaining batter over brown sugar layers.
- Cinnamon Swirls:
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon to reserved batter. Drop by spoonfuls over batter in pans.
- Gently swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- Cool completely.
- Beat together cream cheese and butter. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Generously spread frosting between layers of cooled cake and on top only. Do not frost the sides.
- I have to admit,sometimes I frost the sides but unfrosted sides make a better presentation. Either way it's delicious.
- Pour a big glass of milk and enjoy!
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating9 people
Oh, this sounds terrific!!!!!! Thanks!!!pat2me in Nashua loved it
love anything cinnamon. thanks for the post.auntievi in Oshawa loved it
Sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it