Lemon Angel Food Cake With Citrus GlazeFrom redkitchen 7 years ago
- 1 cup cake flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (divided) shopping list
- 12 large egg whites (room temp) shopping list
- 1 tea. cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/4 tea. salt shopping list
- 2 TBS. juice from lemon shopping list
- 1/2 tea. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 TBS. grated lemon zest shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- 5 TBS. squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- few drops lemon food coloring shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325*
- Mix and wisk sugar and flour, set aside
- in electric mixer beat the egg whites on low until light and foamy
- Add in the cream of tartar and the salt, increasing the speed to high.
- Continue beating and add remaining 1 cup sugar a little at a time until the egg whites form shiny soft peaks.
- Beat in vanilla, lemon juice just till mixed.
- Fold in the flour and sugar mixture, 1/2 half cup at a time
- Pour into ungreased tube pan
- Drop the pan lightly on counter to release any air bubbles and smooth the top
- Place on lower rack and bake for approx. 50-60 minutes or till the cake is golden brown and springs back when pressed with finger.
- Let cool completely before glazing. Invert on rack or ivert over neck of bottle. Use knife along the edges to release cake
- Glaze: Combine the confectioners sugar and lemon juice. Add drops of yellow food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Put the cake bottom side up on a cake stand and drizzle the lemon glaze over top
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookredkitchen Murfreesboro, TN
The Rating8 people
yum looks fantastic i'll take a slice please.....minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Got my 5 hun. Sounds fantastic I will have this to go with my Sunday dinner.
SQsilverqueen in Albany loved it
Love this. Love lemon!luvshk in Republic loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!