Pancit BihonFrom atealee 10 years ago
- 1 8-oz. pack of rice stick noodles ( pancit bihon) shopping list
- 1 large chicken breast shopping list
- ¼ lb. boneless pork, julienne shopping list
- 1/2 lb. tiger shrimp, shelled and deveined shopping list
- 3 chinese sausage, sliced shopping list
- ½ cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, julienne shopping list
- 2 celery stalks, julienne shopping list
- ¼ lb. snow peas or green beans, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1-½ cups shredded cabbage shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 medium red onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock, homemade or canned shopping list
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, to taste shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 3 green onion stalks, sliced, bias-cut (garnish) shopping list
- 1 whole lemon, cut in wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Boil chicken until tender, about 30 minutes. Reserve broth. Let meat chill then shred.
- In a heated wok, separately stir-fry: carrot, celery, snow peas or green beans and cabbage until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté garlic in 2 tablespoons of oil until lightly browned. Add onion. Stir-fry until translucent. Remove and set aside.
- Stir-fry separately: sausage, chicken, pork, and shrimp last.
- Pour in chicken stock. Bring to boil for 2 minutes. Season with soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, salt, and black pepper.
- Add noodles. You may need to add more stock if noodles seem dry. Stir constantly, scooping from bottom to top and until liquid has been absorbed. Drizzle remaining oil to prevent noodles from clumping. Stir with scooping method.
- Add vegetable mixture. Sprinkle garlic/onion mixture. Turn heat off and cover with lid for a few minutes, about 5 minutes until noodles are cooked thru.
- Garnish with green onions and lemon wedges.
The Cookatealee San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!