Rum-Raisin CakeFrom gotmusicinme 7 years ago
- 2 cups golden raisins , chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup light rum shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups butter , softened shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup cream shopping list
How to make it
- Combine raisins and rum;cover and stand until rum is absorbed.
- Stir together: flour, baking powder, salt.Blend butter, sugar, eggs,
- and vanilla in a large bowl on low speed.
- Beat on high speed for 5 minutes, scraping down sides often.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with cream.
- Stir in raisins and turn into baking pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake:12 cup bundt pan – 70 to 80 minutes; or 2-6 cup bundts.
- This cake gets very brown on top.Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans.
- Brush with Rum & Butter Glaze.
- Allow cake to absorb and repeat until glaze is used up.
- A Glaze may be made with 1 cup sugar and 3/4 rum warmed on the stove a few minutes.
The Cookgotmusicinme Martinez, CA
The Rating6 people
I can taste it now and your recipe deserves a 5 all the way!chacha in New York loved it
Oh heavenly!! I'd like a big slice and a double scoop of my rum raisin ice cream which I posted. Positively decadent!!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Yummy, sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it