Kentucky Derby Mint JulepFrom dugger 9 years ago
- mint syrup shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh mint sprigs shopping list
- COCKTAIL MIX shopping list
- 1 liter crushed ice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mint syrup, Prepared ahead shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 3 ounces bourbon, of choice shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water. Boil for 5 minutes, without stirring.
- Pour over a handful of mint and gently crush the mint with a spoon.
- Refrigerator syrup mixture overnight in a closed jar. Remove mint leaves and continue to refrigerate. Hold for use.
- Crush a few mint leaves in the bottom of an 8-ounce glass; crush mint with a spoon.
- Then fill the glass with crushed ice. Add mint syrup, water, and bourbon.
- Stir until glass is frosted. To serve, garnish with a fresh sprig of mint.
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating11 people
I'm not a fan of mint but having a derby party this was a must and they were great!sunny in Portland loved it
Love mint juleps period. Yeah baby! Over the tongue and past the nose, some liquid heaven is headed for the toes. Makes for a cleaner look rather than the muddled mint leaves and no pieces.
putercop in Kerhonkson loved it
Just what I need for this weekend. Thanks Dugger!luvshk in Republic loved it