Apricot Gooey CakeFrom juliecake 8 years ago
- 1/2 c dried apricots shopping list
- 1 1/2 c water shopping list
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 3/4 c flour shopping list
- 1/2 t baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 t baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 1/3 c butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 t vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 t almond extract shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2/3 c water shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1/4 c firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 T butter shopping list
- reserved pureed apricots shopping list
- 1/2 c coconut shopping list
How to make it
- In small saucepan, combine apricots and 1 1/2 c water. Cook over med heat 15 to 20 minutes or until apricots are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain, puree apricots. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9" pan. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl beat sugar and 1/3 c butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, almond extract and egg; beat well. Alternately add dry ingredients and 2/3 c water to sugar mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in 2 T of the pureed apricots. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly.
- In small saucepan combine brown sugar, 2T butter and remaining pureed apricots. Bring to a boil over med heat; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in coconut. Immediately spread over warm cake. Cool completely.
The Cookjuliecake Bluffdale, UT
The Rating7 people
sounds wonderful! jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Sounds delicious to me - thanks so much, Julie!lunasea in Orlando loved it
I like Apricots so this sounds very good to me!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it