Strawberry SaladFrom phyllisd 9 years ago
- 2 small pkgs strawberry jello, or one large box. shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water shopping list
- 1 box/bag of frozen strawberries (helps congeal the jello) shopping list
- 4 small bananas, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cups pecans, chopped (I don't care for nuts, so I leave them out) shopping list
- 1/2 pint of sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve jello in boiling water. Add Strawberries, bananas and pecans. Pour half of the mixture in a long, shallow dish and refrigerate until congealed. Spread sour cream on top of congealed mixture, then pour remainder of mixture on top and refrigerate until all is congealed.
- I like to use a bundt cake pan. To unmold the salad, dip pan in warm water for a minute, then place a serving platter over the pan and flip. I have decorated the circular salad by placing fresh, whole strawberries in the middle hole, and topped them with a few edible flowers.
- Well, I should have used the recipe search for Strawberry Salad before I posted this. There are 3 other recipes that are very similar. The difference is, my recipe doesn't have pineapple in it. Sorry ladies for the dupe. I'll be more vigilant when I post my next recipe.