Vidalia Onion and Mushroom CasseroleFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 5 c vidalia onions, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1/4 c Butter; melted shopping list
- 1/2 ts salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 c Fresh mushrooms; sliced shopping list
- 3 oz cream cheese shopping list
- 3 ts flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 c milk shopping list
- 1/4 c to 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese; grated ( or any cheese you like ) shopping list
- 1/4 c to 1/2 cup buttery cracker crumbs ( like Ritz ) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine onions with butter, mushrooms and salt
- Simmer for 5 minutes in a medium size sauce pan.
- Add cream cheese.
- When melted, add flour and milk.
- Stir to heat and heat
- Turn into a 2 qt. greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with mixture of grated cheese and cracker crumbs.
- Bake in a hot 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Wonderful combination, how nice.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
this has to be my favorite for today you know i have a fresh mushroom plant right down the road and i love onions. just got some from a truck driving friend who has a route to vidalia. thanks so much I now know whats for dinner.meganmaywest in Tangerine loved it