Queso VerdeFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted, squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil shopping list
- 6 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 1 can green chiles, 4 oz. shopping list
- 1/2 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature, cubed shopping list
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese (or pepper Jack), grated shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy medium saucepan, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add spinach, green onions and green chilies. Cook and stir until well mixed. Add cream and cook until mixture begins to boil. REDUCE HEAT to low and gradually add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Gradually add the Pepper Jack (my preference), stirring until melted. Do not allow mixture to boil or cheese will separate. Serve at once with tortilla chips.
- NOTE: To make this gluten-free, substitute cornstarch for flour measure for measure.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating5 people
ALL I CAN SAY IS YUM I WANT SOME NOWminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I agree, this is a nice blend of flavors. Sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Awesome.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!