Cajun Fig CakeFrom juliecake 8 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup chopped fresh figs shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, blending after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda and spices. Add these dry ingredients, alternately with the buttermilk, into the sugar mixture. Stir constantly until all ingredients are well incorporated into the batter.
- Add vanilla extract, pecans and figs. Stir well and pour into the prepared pan. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Remove from pan.
- Serve with ice cream or a dollop of fresh whipped cream if desired.
The Cookjuliecake Bluffdale, UT
The Rating10 people
Wow I like the sounds of this served with ice cream! Mmmmmmm!auntybea in Vernon loved it
I love figs..just nothing better..Thanks for the post...Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
This sounds delightful. Hope we see some fresh figs in our market here soon. Will give it a try for sure. Bet is nice a very moist too. A 5 for you. Cheers!dottiet in Woodward loved it