Apple Everything CakeFrom midgelet 9 years ago
- 1 cup oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup half and half or milk - even try skim - it will be a tad less rich! shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp pure vanilla or almond extract etc. shopping list
- 3 small apples peeled and coarse chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark raisins shopping list
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans shopping list
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/4 cup drained and chopped maraschino cherries shopping list
- powdered sugar mixed with cocoa as garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Grease and flour a large fluted cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Beat oil, milk, extract and sugar till well combined.
- Beat in eggs to combine.
- Sift dry ingredients together and beat into to wet mixture and combine well.
- Stir in fruits and nuts.
- Turn batter into pan and bake until tested done with wooden toothpick- about 60 to 75 minutes.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes and remove to rack to cool well.
- Wrap overnight before slicing for best flavor.
- Dust with sugar/cocoa.
- 1 large moist cake. Freezes well.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Sounds great and freeze well.My kind of cake. Thanks:)zanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it