Crab Cakes with Red Pepper RelishFrom watson2167 5 years ago
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing shopping list
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion (1) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill shopping list
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 16-ounce can pasteurized crabmeat or two 6-1/2-ounce cans crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil shopping list
- 1 recipe red pepper Relish (see recipe below) (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, soft bread crumbs, mayonnaise, green onion, dill, seafood seasoning, and pepper. Stir in flaked crabmeat.
- Divide mixture into 8 portions. Moisten hands and form each portion into a 2-1/2-inch patty.
- Place crab cakes in a greased shallow baking pan. Combine the dry bread crumbs and cooking oil. Sprinkle over crabcakes pressing to adhere.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 450 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown.
- In an extra large skillet cook patties in 2 tablespoons hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until brown, turning halfway through cooking. Add additional oil, if necessary. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve crab cakes with Red Pepper Relish
- Red Pepper Relish: In a small bowl combine half of a 7-ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers, drained and chopped (1/2 cup); 1 tablespoon drained and chopped oil-packed dried tomatoes; and 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning. Makes about 1/2 cup.