Middle East BrowniesFrom smurfetta 7 years ago
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 ¼ sticks (9 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups sugar shopping list
- 15 cardamom pods, seeded and ground (2 tsp ground) shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups pecans, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Pre heat the oven to 350 º F
- Butter a 9 x 12 inch baking pan and spray with Baking spray with flour.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until smooth and creamy and stir in the chocolate.
- Slowly add the eggs, sugar and ground cardamom, followed by the flour and nuts, stirring using a whisk until all the ingredients are incorporated. Do not beat or aerate.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The top will be dry, but a knife inserted in the center will come out wet.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow the brownies to cool for 30 minutes.