Hot Sausage Sandwiches ala PittsburghFrom crabhappychick 5 years ago
- 3 lbs hot sausage, cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- 1 green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 large can whole Italian tomatoes shopping list
- 1 12 oz. can tomato paste shopping list
- oregano, thyme & bay leaf shopping list
- 8 Mancini's (other other brand) hoagie buns shopping list
How to make it
- Put sausage in a pot and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer 35-40 minutes.
- Drain all but 5 tablespoons of juice. Saute chopped pepper, onion and garlic in juice until soft.
- Add tomatoes with juice, tomato paste and spices to taste.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes and serve on buns.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating5 people
hey dont forget the buckeyes????? .......lol love the recipe......
minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Love it.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Awesome!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it