Sherry Almond GazpachoFrom noir 7 years ago
- * 1 cup whole blanched and peeled almonds shopping list
- * 2 cups stale white bread, cut in cubes, without crust shopping list
- * 6 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- * 2 cups very cold water shopping list
- * 2 large garlic cloves shopping list
- * 1.5 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- * 4 Tbsp Sherry vinegar shopping list
- For the garnish: shopping list
- * A few walnuts shopping list
- * chives shopping list
- * Black cherry tomatoes, if you can find some (use red otherwise) shopping list
- *Seedless white grapes (Optional) shopping list
How to make it
- * In a bowl, combine the bread cubes with enough water to cover it. Set aside.
- * In a food processor, combine the almonds, garlic and salt. Mix until it is smooth.
- * Squeeze the excess water out of the bread cubes and add the bread to the preparation, in the food processor.
- * Mix well until it forms a paste. While the food processor is on, add the oil in a thin, steady stream.
- * Then add the vinegar and the water. Pulse until the preparation is smooth.
- * For the garnish, dry toast your walnuts in a frying pan.
- * Cut the tomatoes in tiny cubes.
- * Chop the chives thinly.
- * Place a ladlefull of soup in bowls or small shot glasses, and add some garnish with a dash of olive oil.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
Oh baby. I feel like I'm at Commander's. Awesome.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
WOW Noir!shuga in United States loved it
Sounds fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it