Ole SouffleFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup cream corn shopping list
- 2 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 2 Tbs. canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 4 ounces (1 generous cup) grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 to 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh Jalepeno chilies shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine corn, egg yolks, oil, and milk.
- In a seperate bowl, mix cornmeal, salt and baking soda, and add liquids, mixing well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry, and fold in quickly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a greased 8-inch square pan; sprinkle evenly with the cheese and chilies.
- Pour the remaining batter over, smooth to cover, and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Test for doneness by inserting a knife in the center. If it comes out clean, then the souffle is done.
- Let cool on a rack for 3 to 5 minutes.
- It will deflate slightly.
- Serve with desired toppings such as sour cream, salsa, chopped green onions or finely diced red onions.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating4 people
I usually don't like these, they're too sweet for my taste. This looks like a winner. Chichi, you're the best.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Mmm sounds promising!chriesi in Zuerich loved it
Bring fire to the pan but oh so good thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!