The Freshest Corn SoupFrom noir 8 years ago
- * 4 corn ears* shopping list
- * 1 + 1/4 cups whole milk shopping list
- * 2/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- * salt and pepper shopping list
- * Touch of paprika shopping list
- * Mix of chervil and parsley shopping list
- *I used bicolor corn ears for this soup. Note that the soup texture is rather thick. If you like it thinner, add more milk or cream. shopping list
How to make it
- * Cook the corn ears (without the husks) in salted water for 15 min. Rinse them and cut the kernels off with a sharp knife.
- * Place the milk and cream in a pot with the corn kernels (keep a few on the side). Add the herbs, salt and pepper and a touch of paprika, and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- * Stop the heat and mix the soup in a blender.
- * Serve with fresh herbs, the reserved corn, and fresh paprika.
- Do not forget a hearty piece of country bread too.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
Yummy Noir!smooch in America loved it
Yummy, I love corn and this sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This is a must make!shuga in United States loved it