Green Chile CasseroleFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 4 ounce can whole green chilies diced shopping list
- 1/2 pound pepper jack cheese shopping list
- 1/2 pound sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup white onion shopping list
- 1 can chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Beat half and half with eggs and flour until smooth.
- Slit open chilies and rinse seeds then drain on paper towels.
- Mix cheeses reserving half for topping.
- Make alternate layers of remaining cheese, chilies and egg mixture in deep casserole.
- Combine tomato sauce, onion, broth, sugar, salt, pepper and vinegar.
- Pour half on bottom of casserole and half on top of chili, egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
This one is right up my alley. Of course, I'll use veggie broth, but PACKET? Would that be like adding a tsp. of the veggie broth that I use??? HELP! I wanna make this. Thanks, Debbieblondeberry in Charleston loved it
I need to know about the PACKET too? SOunds good, but I think No. 6 needs to go before Nos. 4 and 5 in the directions. ?justjakesmom in Everett loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!