Best Sandwich MeatloafFrom marky90 9 years ago
- 1 cup of finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1 carrot, chopped fine shopping list
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped scallion (can substitute onion) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp Worscestershire sauce shopping list
- 2/3 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 Cup chili sauce shopping list
- 1 tbs brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp dry mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground chuck shopping list
- 3/4 pound of ground pork sausage (any kind except maple!) shopping list
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 large eggs, beaten slightly shopping list
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large heavy skillet cook the onion, garlic, celery, carrot, and scallion in butter, over moderate heat, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Cover and stir occassionally until the carrots are tender, about 5 more minutes. Stir in salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/3 a cup of ketchup. Cook for 1 more minute
- In a large bowl, combine the meats, eggs, bread crumbs, vegetables, and parsley. Form into a loaf and put into a retangular baking pan with 2 inch high sides
- Mix together the remaining ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar and dry mustard to make topping.
- Cover loaf with topping.
- Bake meat loaf in oven for 1 hour.
- P.S. Make sure you have white bread, mustard and mayo on hand for sandwiches............
- Serve with Garlic mashed potatoes.. See my recipes (Home run)
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating7 people
I just love good ol meatloaf! Thanks for the reminder...going to make this soon.raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
This is on the list....Always looking for something different for the hubby to take for lunch....Thanks Markey....:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
I like a good meatloaf sammie, too. Thanks, Marky!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!