Bastille Burger - Bearnaise Blue Cheese and Red Onion BurgerFrom twohot 5 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 12 ounces good quality minced beef shopping list
- 4 ounces french blue cheese shopping list
- 2 hamburger bun or 2piece French bread, halved shopping list
- 2 tablespoons bearnaise sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and sliced into rings shopping list
- lettuce, washed and shredded shopping list
- tomato, sliced shopping list
- cornichon, sliced shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- Béarnaise Sauce shopping list
- 1 cup butter, melted and hot shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry tarragon shopping list
How to make it
- 1Heat/light up your barbeque and allow the flames to die down.
- 2Season the beef with pepper, but NO salt - salt draws out the juices and toughens the meat! (You can add salt if you need it at the end.).
- 3With damp hands - shape the minced beef into two patties/burgers.
- 4Cook the burgers to your liking - remember to place your blue cheese on top of the burgers to melt just before serving; then toast the burger buns or French bread.
- 5Assemble your burger like so: bottom bun: lettuce, tomatoes, Bearnaise sauce and burger with melted blue cheese. Spread the Dijon mustard on the top bun, then place the onions and cornichons on top of the burger, with an extra dollop of Bearnaise sauce if you wish - then add the top bun.
- 6If making these for a crowd - have all the condiments and salad ingredients handy and on a platter - and people can help themselves, as soon as the burgers are cooked.
- 7You could fry your onion - but I like the taste of raw red onion in these burgers!
- Béarnaise Sauce
- Put onions, vinegar, tarragon and pepper in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to about 1-2 teaspoons of liquid. Stir constantly. Remove from stove and let cool. Put egg yolks and cooled mixture in a blender.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- tazoncaffeine Laconia, NH
- chihuahua Sonoma County, USA
- cherrybomb Ladera Ranch, CA
- binky67 Ellicott City, MD
- albys1 Broomall, Pennsylvania
- raniputri Jakarta, ID
- suzeabelle Richmond, CA
- misslizzi Philadelphia, PA
- jaeleepoms Mason, OH
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
The Rating4 people
Wonderful, You should enter the build a better burger contest at Sutter Home. 50k prize!! This would be a winner for sure.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Sounds wonderful. A gourmet burger.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!