Layered Beef and Rice CasseroleFrom craftyazgirl 5 years ago
- 3/4 Ib. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 1 can (15 02.) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon italian seasoning, crumbled. shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese shopping list
- 2 cups cooked brown or long-grain white rice (2/3 cup before cooking) shopping list
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.F
- To make meat sauce, cook beef in 2-quart saucepan until it loses its red color.
- Add green pepper, celery, garlic, tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning, pepper and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer, un¬covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Mix egg, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and cottage cheese. Put half of rice in 2-quart casserole. Cover with the cheese.
- Add half the meat sauce, then half the Mozzarella. Repeat rice, meat sauce and Mozzarella layers. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 min¬utes or until bubbly and golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating6 people
This looks GREAT!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Love it, love it, love it!! A definate keeper. Great recipe. Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I am not a big fan of rice but this dish looks wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it