Layered Beef and Rice CasseroleFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 3/4 Ib. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 1 can (15 02.) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon italian seasoning, crumbled. shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese shopping list
- 2 cups cooked brown or long-grain white rice (2/3 cup before cooking) shopping list
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.F
- To make meat sauce, cook beef in 2-quart saucepan until it loses its red color.
- Add green pepper, celery, garlic, tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning, pepper and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer, un¬covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Mix egg, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and cottage cheese. Put half of rice in 2-quart casserole. Cover with the cheese.
- Add half the meat sauce, then half the Mozzarella. Repeat rice, meat sauce and Mozzarella layers. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 min¬utes or until bubbly and golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating6 people
This looks GREAT!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Love it, love it, love it!! A definate keeper. Great recipe. Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I am not a big fan of rice but this dish looks wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it